The Latest: ShoreTel Acquired by Mitel
Structured has promised to keep its customers apprised of pertinent information regarding Mitel’s acquisition of ShoreTel. Mitel just released a statement outlining a few more details of its plan so we want to share that information with you.
In summary, Mitel’s goal is to retain the best elements of each company, further enhancing this new entity’s ability to introduce powerful and forward-looking business communication platforms.
“Mitel’s desire is to retain all ShoreTel customer relationships. …Below is a framework to help you gain confidence in Mitel’s intentions and go-forward plans.
As it relates to premise-based ShoreTel products
- Mitel will seek to optimize the combined product lines and, where sensible, consolidate areas that are not disruptive to our customers, yet drive enhanced efficiencies for the combined company to enable greater innovation. …Although it is too soon to speculate as to the product line and roadmap for the combined company, in the event that Mitel decides to end the sale of any ShoreTel product, it will be done with at least a 12 month notice to the last date of purchase.
- Mitel’s standard policy of end of Hardware and Software support will apply to any ShoreTel product that is announced as end of sales. This policy is 5 years of support beyond the End of Sales date.
As it relates to cloud-based ShoreTel solutions
- Mitel is committed to continuing to invest and support the ShoreTel Cloud UC Solution.
- Mitel will plan to capitalize on the best capabilities of both the ShoreTel and Mitel UC Cloud offerings by consolidating the solution portfolios over a multi-product release schedule, and without requiring any displacement of existing equipment on the customer’s location nor any disruption to the users of the UC solutions.
- Any customer committing to the ShoreTel or Mitel Cloud solution today will be protected and able to leverage the increased investment in collaboration solutions of the combined company.
Any integration of Mitel and ShoreTel products and services (whether premise or cloud-based) will only occur after closing and will be designed to minimize disruption to ShoreTel end users.”
We hope this information is helpful. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or want to set up a meeting to discuss how this merger might impact your organization.