Microsoft 365 Engineer
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon and Seattle, Washington for a Microsoft 365 Engineer. This position is responsible for delivering Microsoft 365 designs, implementation, and troubleshooting to Structured’s customers. These components include the development, documentation, and implementation of best practices for multiple projects that will require in depth knowledge of multiple technical areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend the selection of M365 related tools and emerging technologies for clients.
- Interfacing with end-users for the purpose of designing and implementing network solutions and design recommendations.
- Translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients’ needs
- Responsible for increasing the probability of system success, reduce risk and reduce total life-cycle cost.
- Responsible for creating alternative designs to satisfy performance and cost criteria for customers.
- Assists engineers with complex technical tasks.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud and Systems Engineering teams.
- Identifies and corrects faults and provides resolution of complex problem tickets escalated from Structured’s help desk.
- Assist sales personnel with pre-sales technical support; Leverage technical background to identify professional service opportunities in the areas of security, networking, storage/systems, virtualization, and voice/mobility.
- Supervising and checking the status of projects and work assignments.
- Document designs and scope projects in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Support and provide knowledge transfer to clients.
- Provide input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOW’s as directed and provide project management services (as needed).
- Promote and maintain the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Overcome technical and business objections posed by prospective customers.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as necessary based upon project requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs.
- Excellent project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills required.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience. At least 4 years of experience consulting or industry experience designing, deploying, and migrating Microsoft 365 email, compliance, data, and security technologies including some of the following:
- Previous experience providing solution design and implementation
- Expert knowledge in Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Experience in multiple types of Exchange Migrations (Hybrid, O365 Tenant to Tenant, Hosted to Cloud)
- Experience SharePoint Migrations (On Premises to Cloud, O365 Tenant to Tenant)
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Conditional Access, Information Protection, Information Governance and Insider Risk Management
- Expert in configuration, troubleshooting and support of Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, and Intune
- Experience working highly regulated industries
- Microsoft GCC High experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access equipment within a data center environment; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects. This position may also require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or attend vendor/customer needs. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.