Service Desk Coordinator
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for an Service Desk Coordinator.This position is responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and communicating requests from Customers, Account Executives and Project Managers for professional service projects and cases. The Service Desk Coordinator’s main function is to keep each aspect of Structured’s Service Desk moving forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with a diverse group of technical staff with varying degree of technical ability.
- Ability to be “on call” as may be required due to the occurrence of urgent case requests.
- Technical aptitude and/or familiarity with IT-related technical terms.
- Communicate and coordinate requests, as well as process issue intake.
- Assess the urgency level associated with various requests and issues and translate such information into appropriate engineering scheduling.
- Assign and schedule engineering resources to pre-sales meetings, drafting statements of work, internal requests and training.
- Ability to organize and manage a customer database and update Structured’s CRM tool, Salesforce.com.
- Coordinate/schedule engineering resources, including sub-contractors, based on project needs, skill sets, and availability with the assistance of identified Practice Leads/Account Managers.
- Continually review engineering resource calendars to ensure such calendars remain up-to-date and complete.
- Responsible for monitoring and upholding request/issue processes and procedures.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, routing them to assigned staff, and coordination of special request response.
- Coordinate complex request/project scheduling to assess need and schedule/communicate accordingly in order that the request/project operates as smoothly as possible.
- Assess and escalate issues/situations to Practice Leads for priority assignment of projects, requests, and engineering resources.
- Assist with the coordination and tracking of equipment utilized for evaluation and demonstration purposes.
- Utilize reports to follow-up on all unconfirmed scheduled events.
- Ensure engineer resource time documentation and billing accuracy within Salesforce.com.
- Document and update all internal reports to ensure Salesforce.com remains up to date, including
- Project Status, Client Follow-ups, Open Requests, Billable Time entry, and all End of Month report review needs.
- Work closely with our Managed Services team to enter and update tickets within ConnectWise.
- Follow up on Service Desk cases that directly tie into ConnectWise tickets.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management regarding process improvement suggestions.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of customer service.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Problem-solve assignments of a dynamic nature and optimize the efficiency of the team in general, to provide capacity forecasting.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite; with a focus on spreadsheet software. Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool such as the Salesforce.com platforms is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule. The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.