Systems Engineer (Unified Communications)
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon and Seattle, Washington for a Systems Engineer (Unified Communications). This position is responsible for the installation, configuration, and support of an organization’s Unified Communication systems. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of network hardware and software; monitoring systems to ensure network availability to all system users; and performance of necessary maintenance in order to support systems availability while coordinating with other network and server specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and manage Unified Communications solutions.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system issues, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Interfacing with end-users for the purpose of designing and implementing Unified Communications solutions.
- Translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Develop solution implementation plans for customers.
- Responsible for creating alternative designs to satisfy performance and cost criteria for customers.
- Identifies and corrects faults and provides resolution of complex problem tickets escalated from Structured’s help desk.
- Effectively communicate Structured’s value proposition through Power Point presentations, proposals, and development of collateral as needed to drive the sales and branding of Structured.
- Assist sales personnel with pre-sales technical support.
- Supervising and checking the status of projects and work assignments.
- Document designs and scope projects in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Support and provide knowledge transfer to clients.
- Provide input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOW’s as directed and provide project management services (as needed).
- Responsible for translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Exceptional technical background and extensive experience in complex, heterogeneous networking environments.
- Excellent project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills required.
- Ability to provide appropriate feedback to management on process improvement suggestions.
- Promote and maintain the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- A Bachelors degree in a technical field is desired or a minimum of 5 – 7 years consulting or industry experience with IT Networking and Communications technologies.
- Significant experience with technologies from the following manufacturers: Juniper, Cisco, ADTRAN, and Mitel (ShoreTel).
- Significant field experience and expert knowledge of data networking and IP technologies including, VLAN configuration; Spanning-tree; and NAT.
- Significant experience working with technologies from Microsoft, including Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory and Group Policy, troubleshooting applications installed on both end-user PC’s and servers, performing packet captures and analysis using tools such as WireShark, etc.
- Experience with VoIP technologies such as: G.711, G.729, Voice Gateways, SIP, PRI, Analog cross-connects.
General Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as have experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as the Salesforce.com.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access equipment within a data center environment; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements), as well as, and the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects. This position may also require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or attend vendor/customer needs, as well as the flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.