Technical and Proposal Writer
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for a Technical and Proposal Writer. This position is responsible for expanding the effectiveness of Structured’s outside sales efforts by for working with both internal and external teams to create complete RFP Responses, Technical Proposals and Technical Documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify and prepare responses for RFP opportunities.
- Work closely with multiple teams, including technical staff, contracts department and sales team to gather data needed to prepare complete responses.
- Continue to build templates and a knowledge base of documentation in order to assist in the RFP response process.
- Ensure proposals in progress are in compliance with instructions and legal requirements.
- Assist with developing and gathering critical information for different clients.
- Understand and represent Structured’s mission, vision, and values to all internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency and reflection of winning strategies.
- Contribute to business development efforts for new sales and marketing efforts, including responses to requests for quotes, source document requests, proposals, and/or presentations.
- Analyze initial RFP documents in order to produce a high level summary and snapshot regarding the proposal requirements to various team members.
- Ability to work with executive leadership throughout the proposal process.
- Maintain up-to-date general knowledge of the Company’s technologies, clients, and business divisions in order to assist in the proposal process.
- Participate in the activities involved in the quality resolution of issues or concerns associated with proposals submitted.
- Track and report all “Win/Loss” information to help evaluate the performance of our business development proposal process.
- Proficient in managing multiple project-oriented tasks effectively, prioritizing multiple projects.
- Responsible for following the current policies and procedures for tracking your activities in our CRM tool, Salesforce.com.
- Assist with Statement of Work rewriting and normalization for engagements with external suppliers or subcontractors.
- Assist Marketing and Solutions Architecture with creation of technical sales literature to support Structured’s sales efforts.
- Utilize online sources (i.e., public websites, onvia.com, etc.) to find new RFP opportunities.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Must be well-organized in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong organization and time management capabilities and an exceptional attention to detail.
Education and Experience
Degree from a two or four-year technical college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as, experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as the Salesforce.com
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required lift and/or move up to twenty five (25) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements) and the ability to regularly travel to customer locations.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.