Technical Project Manager
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Seattle, Washington and Clackamas (Portland) Oregon area for a Technical Project Manager. This position is responsible for managing IT projects to ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions that support the business objectives of Structured’s clients. The Project Coordinator will plan, coordinate, control, and direct the activities of engineering resources within Structured. This role serves as a project’s primary point of contact between internal clients (Account Executives, Engineers, Management, Customer Service and Administration) and outside clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In order to qualify for this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work with clients to define priorities, design alternatives and requirements.
- Work with clients and engineers to identify risk and create risk response plans.
- Work with IT teams to define architecture and design details and encourage proper implementation of IT processes and methodologies.
- Manage the project work and the overall execution of the projects and produce project documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide onsite presence for specified projects.
- Ensure that projects and development efforts are documented and create documentation as appropriate.
- Define and run project meetings to track progress against project milestones; to track and resolve issues; and to prioritize activities.
- Work with a diverse group of technical staff with varying degree of technical ability.
- Continually assess the performance of the project team, act as a project expediter, track ongoing issues, and communicate internal or vendor responses to any escalated issues.
- Provide assistance (as requested) during contract negotiations with consultants, technical personnel and vendors.
- Follow company procedures for tracking activities in Structured’s CRM tool, Saleforce.com.
- As requested, perform the various activities (or a portion thereof) required of the Service Coordinator position pursuant to Structured’s Service Delivery Process, as may be amended from time to time.
- Assist with the investigation and reporting of logged time and service platform updates for projects as requested by Account Executives/Management.
- Coordinate engineering resources with the assistance of identified Practice Leads/Product Champions.
- Review project paperwork (specifically, sales order packs) and identify required deliverables and review such paperwork with engineering resources.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Strong organization and time management capabilities and an exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Problem-solve issues of a dynamic nature and optimize the efficiency of the team, as well as provide capacity forecasting.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university or three-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Project Coordination.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements), as well as, and the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.