Territory Account Executive (Outside Sales)
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in the Chicago, Illinois for a Territory Account Executive (outside sales). This position is responsible for the development of new business in our target markets through direct, outside interaction with existing and prospective clients.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for various outside sales activities, including lead generation, prospecting, new business pitches, preparation of sales materials and communications, qualifying opportunities, client relationships, and other duties required to successfully manage and develop key accounts.
- Professionally represent the vendors carried on Structured’s line card, building and enhancing relationships with vendors, participating in various vendor programs and training.
- Identify Sales Opportunities for Structured in the core practice areas of Information Security, Enterprise Networking, Data Center, Application Delivery, Unified Communication, Data Analytics, Cloud and Hosted Solutions, and associated managed and professional services..
- Provide input for professional service statements of work (SOWs).
- Develop and maintain a list of 250 accounts.
- Generate a minimum of $500,000 in gross profits within the first 12 months of your employment. Annual gross profit targets and sales goals will be adjusted annually.
- Meet required quota goals for selling within each of Structured’s core practice areas.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, prospects and vendors.
- Effectively communicate Structured’s value proposition to manufactures and end-users through face-to-face meetings, conference calls, presentations, and proposals.
- Adherence to the expected use of salesforce.com to plan and manage telephone, e-mail, and appointment activities, as well as provide complete, accurate and timely updating, forecasting and sales process status reports.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, sales, marketing, communications, information technology, computer science, or finance and two-years of related experience and/or training. Previous experience selling products and services from Cisco technologies is a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
|General Computer Skills|
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as have experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as the Salesforce.com.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This position also requires frequent (often daily) travel to customer locations within the greater Chicago area. Travel within the United States is also required in order to attend vendor-related events.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements).
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.