ScienceLogic Rolls Out New Suite of PowerApps for Monitoring of Advanced Cisco Data Center Technologies
Partner News: ScienceLogic
New PowerApps Provide Advanced Management and Visibility for Next Generation, Software-Defined, Data Centers
Reston, Virginia – October 13, 2016 – ScienceLogic, the leader in hybrid IT monitoring, today announced a host of advancements in support of monitoring next generation software-defined data centers, by introducing a suite of new PowerApps, specific to Cisco technologies.
PowerApps are free software extensions for the ScienceLogic platform that include automation for data collection, eventing, alarming, reporting and the delivery of dynamic dashboards, that help you see more and make decisions faster. They collect key performance, configuration and asset data for the entire IT stack, across a variety of technologies.
“Next generation data centers are characterized by growing adoption of software-defined technologies, converged infrastructure, and private clouds,” explained Dave Link, CEO, ScienceLogic. “ScienceLogic provides the broadest coverage across next gen data center technologies from a single monitoring platform. As our customers adopt these new technologies, ScienceLogic remains at the forefront, helping them ensure ultimate IT service delivery.”
According to research from analyst firm Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), organizations struggle with cross-domain visibility into the performance of these software-defined technologies. “End-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting across physical and virtual network elements has emerged as a chief concern,” said Shamus McGillicuddy, Senior Network Analyst at EMA. “For example, our research found that 60% to 70% of early SDN adopters determined that their existing network planning, engineering, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools do not fully support SDN.”
To address this need, ScienceLogic has deployed a suite of PowerApps that provide best practice monitoring policies, performance dashboards, and reports for managing modern IT infrastructure. The company’s latest addition to their library of more than 1,500 PowerApps includes:
- Cisco HyperFlex PowerApps
- provides discovery and monitoring of converged infrastructure that unifies Cisco’s fabric network and compute technology with a next-generation data platform. With these new PowerApps, organizations can visualize relationships between data stores and the UCS manager that hosts the HyperFlex servers.
- Cisco UCS Director PowerApps
- utilizes knowledge from Cisco’s orchestration tool to provide application-level views of IT resource dependencies. For example, you can monitor the health of all VMs and UCS host servers that comprise a particular application.
- Cisco Cloud Services Platform 2100 PowerApps
- leverages dynamic component mapping to provide performance visibility into the individual servers and entire cluster running the Cisco CSP2100. Coupled with existing support for network functions, only ScienceLogic provides end-to-end coverage of this environment.
Previous PowerApps from ScienceLogic feature integrations with Cisco ACI, Nutanix, OpenStack, VMware, vSphere, Docker, and more. A complete list can be found atwww.sciencelogic.com/powerapps.
ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 25,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on-premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.